Monday, July 11, 2011

New Whimsical Paintings and An Idea


Here are some new Alice in Wonderland paintings. The first one is "Alice" and the second one is "Dinah"(her little kitty). I was going for a somewhat dark-Tim Burton feel with the color palette, Alice's dark eye makeup, and, of course, the black-and-white stripes on the sides. These paintings go great as a pair and will be up on Ebay today.


I had this idea one day to put my art on a useful item, that people could always carry with them. These are little credit card wallets. I printed my artwork on canvas sheets and attached them, along with different patterned fabric, to the outside. I used mod podge as a protectant coat over the outside. It gives the wallets a sheen, but also makes them stiff and durable. The wallets also have stitching detail around the artwork just for fun.
They can hold your cards (with pockets on each side), a photo (a clear pocket on one side), and they are a perfect size for holding your business cards. You could even use them as a gift card holder for someone.
These wallets will also be listed on Ebay later today.

<3 Laura Beth

3 comments:

  1. Laura, you must have been painting that top painting while you were looking in the mirror. It looks just like you. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the credit card wallets. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are sooo gorgeous...what a great idea! I love them . :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...I enjoy reading them. ^_^